Monday, October 12, 2009

Week Two Wrap-Up & Weigh-In

It's that time of the week! Weigh-in day!

Starting weight: 185 lbs.
Today's weight: 182 lbs.
This week's change: - 2 lbs.
Total change: -3 lbs.

Progress! This week was a loss of two pounds, which I attribute to the ridiculous amount of working out that I did and my renewed focus on eating well. Hopefully I can continue to lose two pounds per week from here on out.

Weekly goals wrapup:
  • My main goal for this week was my multivitamin, which I remembered five out of seven days. I think that this will get better as I start working and have more of a routine.
  • Eight glasses of water? Check.
  • Fruits and veggies? Could've been better.
  • Varying the workouts? I did great with that. Focused on strength one day, cardio the next.
  • Reducing alcohol consumption? CHECK. Two drinks total. I'm OK with that.

Setbacks: The biggest challenge this week was being away for two and a half days. I went back to my alma mater for the weekend and that of course meant eating out for every meal. I probably ate too much and didn't make the best choices, so I think that the restaurant dilemma is going to be something that plagues me for a while.

Goal for this week: Make sure to exercise daily. I start my job tomorrow and I'm concerned that since I will now be losing my gym time, I'm going to let it slip. So I am hoping to make myself go out walking/jogging every night when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. Go you! The restaurant thing is totally killer. It's so disheartening to look at a restaurant's nutritional info before you go, trying to make the healthiest choice, and realize that even the things that sound like they would be okay are totally off the charts. I actually shed some tears when I looked at Panera's info. My favorite sandwich from there has 29 grams of fat in it, which is totally disappointing, but not completely surprising. But the Fuji Apple Chicken Salad that looks so healthy and tastes so delicious? THIRTY ONE GRAMS OF FAT. More than the freaking sandwich! One thing is for sure, fresh /=/ healthy, as many restaurants would like you to think.

    But I digress...you're doing an awesome job! And have fun at your awesome job tomorrow :]

    ReplyDelete