Monday, October 5, 2009

Week One Wrap-up & Weigh-in

Today is Monday, and thus the beginning of week two and my first weigh-in day. Here we go...

Starting weight: 185 lbs.
Today's weight: 184 lbs.
Total change: -1 lb.

One pound. It's not as great a difference as I was hoping for, but considering the three meals out this week and the drinks at the bar on Thursday, I'm OK with that one pound. Quite frankly, I was expecting a gain or no change at all.

Weekly goals wrapup:
  • I definitely got my eight glasses of water daily, if not more.
  • I did not get my multivitamin everyday - I need to figure out a better way to make myself do that.
  • I got at least four out of my five fruits and veggies every day.
  • I did far more cardio than I did strength, so I need to work on that again.
  • Alcohol consumption - big fail this week.

Setbacks: Big setbacks for me this week were in regards to eating out. I posted about the Outback meal I had, which killed me. On Saturday when I was in DC, we ate lunch at Au Bon Pain and I didn't choose the best option. And then chinese food for dinner that night - beef and broccoli is a BIG fail. Basically, I need to start being more deliberate about what I'm going to order when I go out for meals, looking up nutrition facts before going and adjusting my day appropriately.

Goal for this week: Multivitamin. I'm also going to need the energy from my multivitamin to help me adjust to getting up early for my job starting a week from tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. I always look up where we're going out before we go and figure out what I'm going to eat. Otherwise it's just way too tempting to "go with your gut" and sabotage your day :p.

    I keep my vitamins in the bathroom next to my toothbrush and take them when I brush my teeth after breakfast...maybe that would help?

    ReplyDelete