Monday, October 12, 2009

Holy cow!

This is going to be a short post, because I have to get ready for work and class, but I wanted to update y'all. This week went pretty well in terms of eating, though there were two or three meals when I either ate more than I should have, or a little bit of something that was incredibly unhealthy. It was relatively easy to get back on track, but I was a little worried about those missteps.

Well, I weighed in this morning, and I'm down 3.8 pounds! My snazzy new scale has users and all of that fancy stuff built in, and it tells you how much you've lost or gained since your last weigh in (which is great for those of us who can't do mental math early in the morning...or most other times, for that matter), and I literally had to crouch down and stare at it to make sure it said what I thought it did. So I re-weighed myself, and yes, it's true. Such a fabulous feeling.

I think I owe it to portion control. Last night, I made dinner for two of my friends, and instead of piling all of the food in the middle of the table, I made up our plates and brought them to the table. I didn't feel compelled to get up and get more, and it wasn't just within my reach. Earlier this week, when I ate in the dining hall, I got my big salad and just a few buffalo wings, and I used my little bit of self-control to not get up and get more. It seems to be working, so I'm excited to see what happens when we throw working out into the mix!

1 comment: