Thursday, November 12, 2009

I suck at updating this.

OK, OK, so I haven't updated this. I haven't really tracked my eating. And I haven't exercised nearly as much as I had wanted to. But in the three weeks since my last post, things haven't been all that bad.

For two weeks, I maintained that weight, which I was perfectly content with. And then this past week? Yeah, I lost another two pounds.

Starting weight: 185 lbs.
Sunday's weight: 178 lbs.
This week's change: - 2 lbs.
Total change: -7 lbs. (And if I count the first weight-loss attempt this summer, that means I'm down a total of 14 pounds since July!)

There is no doubt in my mind that the biggest cause of this weight loss is the fact that I'm at work for eight hours a day and I'm not sitting around my house, bored and snacking whenever I want.

I've only had a handful of chances to work out lately, but I'm getting it in when I can. And if that means I count our happy hour bar crawl on Tuesday night as a workout, I'm fine with it (and you should be too). I mean, we walked at least a mile, probably more. And I only had two drinks, so not too shabby.

I am starting to feel a definite difference in the way my clothes are fitting. My jeans pretty much don't fit me anymore. They fall off. I can remove them without unzipping the fly. I also just got a sweater I ordered from Gap today. It is a size medium. I need to return it because it is too big. I'm going to try a size small (WHAT?!) and see if that works.

I'm still not getting enough water in during the day, or my fruits and veggies. So I bought V8 Fusion the other day to get my extra servings of fruit/veggies. And flavored sparkling water to get more of that in (I seem to crave soda-like beverages at work for some reason, even though I don't really like soda).

So, good news overall! Still looking to get into more of a workout routine, but it'll happen! Thirteen pounds to go to reach my goal. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment